Ukraine said air-defense forces downed 24 of 29 drones launched by Russia from annexed Crimea to attack southern and central regions of the country.
(Bloomberg) — Ukraine said air-defense forces downed 24 of 29 drones launched by Russia from annexed Crimea to attack southern and central regions of the country.
Turkey is preparing to host a third international gathering of national security advisers working to build support for a peace summit that Ukraine wants to hold this year, according to people familiar with the matter. The meeting is tentatively scheduled for later this month in Istanbul.
US funding for Ukraine faces a new hurdle in Congress after Representative Kevin McCarthy’s ouster as House speaker gave Republican hardliners an opening to stall the next round of aid to Kyiv. President Joe Biden said he’s planning a “major speech” on the need for additional assistance, acknowledging that “it does worry me” that the disarray in the House threatens further funding.
- No More Naive Calls to Putin: Inside Macron’s Very French Reset
- Turkey to Host Next Gathering of Allies to Discuss Ukraine Peace
- Biden Says He’s Planning ‘Major Speech’ on Need for Ukraine Aid
- Ukraine Central Bank Gets Active in FX Market After Relaxing Peg
- EU leaders at European Political Community meeting in Granada on Thursday
- EU leaders take part in informal EU summit in Granada on Friday
- NATO’s Parliamentary Assembly in Copenhagen starting Friday
More stories like this are available on bloomberg.com
©2023 Bloomberg L.P.