Ukraine’s military said air-defense forces downed 27 out of 36 drones launched by Russia overnight against the southern Odesa, Kherson and Mykolayiv regions.
(Bloomberg) — Ukraine’s military said air-defense forces downed 27 out of 36 drones launched by Russia overnight against the southern Odesa, Kherson and Mykolayiv regions.
The attacks occurred as President Volodymyr Zelenskiy prepares to meet his Romanian counterpart, Klaus Iohannis, and address lawmakers in Bucharest Tuesday amid Russian strikes near the two countries’ Danube River border.
In the US, a group of lawmakers proposed that the Biden administration pursue a joint aid package for Israel and Ukraine that would capitalize on broad bipartisan support for the Jewish state.
- Biden Weighs Combining Ukraine, Israel Aid as Some in GOP Balk
- Masters of the World’s Money Gather as Conflicts Mount
- Yellen Says US Eyes Russia Oil-Cap Crackdown as Potency Fades
- Ukraine Central Bank Weekly Net FX Sales Totaled $1.15 Billion
Oil edged lower, with West Texas Intermediate falling below $86 a barrel after jumping the most in six months Monday, as Israel said its retaliation for attacks by militant group Hamas over the weekend had “only started.”
- Zelenskiy to meet Romanian president, lawmakers
More stories like this are available on bloomberg.com
©2023 Bloomberg L.P.